Best of the Kuranda Rainforest Full-Day Tour
Immerse yourself into the culture and nature of an Australian rainforest and ride the Kuranda Scenic Railway. See colorful creatures at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary and Koala and Wildlife Park. Watch Aboriginal demonstrations and more.
Are you a business owner in Cairns?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cairns.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a spectacular journey with stunning views
- Explore the flight aviary of the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Journey through the rainforest by 6WD amphibious vehicle
- Enjoy a classic Australian barbecue lunch
- Watch a dance demonstration by Aboriginal performers
- Hand feed kangaroos and wallabies in the Koala and Wildlife Park
- Ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway over a rainforest canopy
DescriptionStart your immersion into the culture and nature of the Kuranda Rainforest with a ride aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Wind through the mountains and rainforest to the village of Kuranda, known for its heritage markets and colorful crafts, and enjoy free time in Kuranda Village. Upon arrival, experience Australia's largest butterfly aviary at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary with 1,500 tropical butterflies, including the vibrant green Cairns Birdwing. Next, travel by shuttle to the Rainforestation Nature Park for a barbecue buffet lunch. After lunch, explore the rainforest by 6WD amphibious vehicle as you climb aboard a World War II Army Duck that can driver over land and in water. Search for wildlife as you learn about the plants and trees of the surrounding rainforest. Then, sample some exotic fruits and locally-made ice cream at the Tropical Treats fruit orchard. Learn about Aboriginal culture at the Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience and watch spear-throwing demonstrations and traditional dances. Try your hand at throwing a boomerang, and hear all about the didgeridoo. Then, get up close to Australian animals including koalas, dingoes and the endangered Cassowary and Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo. See typical Australian critters including wombats, Tasmanian Devils, crocodiles, lizards and birds. Feed the kangaroos and wallabies by hand. Then, travel back to Cairns on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and ride over the canopy of the pristine rainforest. Transfer back to your accommodation at the end of the tour services.
IncludesKuranda Scenic Railway Australian Butterfly Sanctuary Tour by Army Duck (amphibious vehicle) Pamagirri Aboriginal dance show Dreamtime walk Koala and Wildlife Park Barbecue buffet lunch Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Return transfers • Optional gratuities
- Please note that the pick-up service is not available from Yorkeys Knob, Machans Beach and Holloways Beach. If your accommodation is at any of these locations you should make your way to the Skyrail Smithfield Terminal or another pick-up location.