Cooktown 4WD Day Tour with Lunch & Return Flight
Experience one of Australia's most scenic coastal drives by four-wheel drive vehicle to Cooktown through the World Heritage Daintree National Park. Enjoy a return flight along the Daintree Coast and Great Barrier Reef.
Are you a business owner in Cairns?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cairns.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Travel with superb driver guides who offer a wealth of knowledge on the flora, fauna, and the history of the area you are travelling through
- Experience small personalised tours in an air-conditioned 4 wheel drive vehicle
- Fly back to Cairns along the coast and see the stunning North Queensland coast line from above
- Enjoy free time in Cooktown to explore
- Visit the ancient Daintree Rainforest and the amazing 4-wheel-drive-only Bloomfield track
DescriptionAfter a hotel pick-up in an air-conditioned four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle, you will travel north along the Captain Cook Highway. The highway is one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives towards the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park. Journey through the spectacular natural scenery, which contains the highest number of rare plants and animal species. Your experienced guide will enlighten you with incredible stories and history along the way. Continuing into the World Heritage Daintree National Park, cross rivers and mountain ranges as you travel the famous 4WD-only Bloomfield Track. Lunch will be served at the renowned Lion’s Den Hotel (est. 1875), one of North Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs. After lunch journey to the unique geological oddity that is Black Mountain. Next arrive in Cooktown to visit Grassy Hill. Here, experience 360-degree views of the Endeavour River, Cooktown and the Coral Sea. Enjoy up to 2 hours free time to explore historical Cooktown. Transfer to Cooktown Airport for your 45-minute flight with Hinterland Aviation Airlines. Travel along the scenic coast between the reef and rainforest.
Includes4WD air-conditioned vehicle Friendly, knowledgeable driver-guide One of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park Cable ferry across the Daintree River Morning Tea 4WD only Bloomfield Track Lunch at an Aussie Bush Pub Black Mountain Free time in Cooktown 45 minute flight from Cooktown Transfers to Cooktown Airport Courtesy pick-up from accommodation in Cairns, Northern Beaches, and Port Douglas Transfer from Cairns General Aviation to accommodation Guests will need to make their own transfer arrangements at the end of the tour. Entrance to James Cook Museum approx. $10.00
- During the winter months (May to August), flights depart at sunset