Cairns Snorkeling Day Trip
For an awesome day on the Great Barrier Reef, jump on board with us. Whether you are snorkeling or diving, we will take you to the very best reef sites around Cairns and help set you up for a magical underwater adventure.
Are you a business owner in Cairns?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cairns.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit two beautiful sites, carefully selected by the captain each day
- Explore the beauty and underwater treasures of the Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkel over the coral reef gardens, mesmerized by the vivid colors of the fish
- Join the free guided snorkel tour and learn about the various fish, corals and creatures of the reef.
- Snorkel and scuba without the crowds (the boat has a max. capacity of 120 people, but the tour size max. is 60)
DescriptionJoin this stunning snorkeling adventure and see some of the most beautiful underwater treasures in the world. The skilled snorkeling guides hold more than 25 years of experience and can take you to a huge range of unique diving and snorkeling locations to explore. Each day, the Captain will carefully select two sites to visit, depending on the weather and tide conditions, and you will board Cairns' newest and most comfortable reef craft, the TUSA 6. The snorkeling is straight off the back of TUSA 6, with the reef never more than a short swim away. First-time snorkelers will receive a little instruction and in-water assistance, and a guided snorkel tour and reef talk is inclusive in your day. In addition, you’ll be provided with top ‘diver’ quality masks and snorkels, booties and fins, and wet suits (lycra suits in the summer). After an approximately 90-minute trip to the outer reefs, you will arrive at your chosen destinations, where you will spend over 4 hours snorkeling over the reef tops, mesmerized by the vivid colors of the fish as they dart in and out of the corals and anemones. At around 04:00 PM, begin the relaxing journey back to Cairn where the tour will end.
IncludesCruise aboard a TUSA 6 (the boat has a max capacity of 120 passengers, but the tour has a max. size of 60 guests in order to ensure the comfort of each guest) Explore 2 outer reef sites, chosen from a selection of 16 sites Morning and afternoon tea, coffee, and milo (with soup in the winter) Quality masks, fins, and booties Top-quality scuba equipment and dive computers Lycra suits for all in the warmer months (no charge) 3 - 5mm shortie wetsuits all year round (no charge) Free prescription mask hire Free guided snorkel tour Professional onboard photographer Hot freshwater showers onboard Fresh, healthy hot and cold lunch menu options Wine and cheese during the ride home • Eco-presentations conducted by Reef guides Assistance using your equipment and with getting in and out of the water Cairns hotel return transfers are AUD 18 per person, payable on board Northern Beaches hotel return transfers are AUD 25 per person, payable on board
- Please note:
- The Tusa 6 boats limit passenger numbers to just 60, though seating allows 120, which means more space and comfort for you.
- The local guide operates with a 1:5 staff to passenger ratio. They also have access to 16 unique dive and snorkel sites, all on the outer reefs.
- Guides are now included for certified divers.
- Child age is now 4 to 16 years old