My Guide Website?
Cairns: Aboriginal Art and Culture Full-Day Trip with Lunch5 Reviews
Immerse yourself in ancient Aboriginal culture on a day trip, joining an art class at Janbal Gallery with Aboriginal artist Brian 'Binna' Swindley, and a guided interpretive walk at Mossman Gorge.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairns:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairns last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Let your inner artist out in an art class at Janbal Gallery
- Learn about the ancient Aboriginal 'highways' that run through the region
- Experience a traditional welcome to country smoking ceremony
- Enjoy an interpretive guided walk at Mossman Gorge
DescriptionSpend a day enriching your knowledge of Aboriginal culture. Take a painting class with an Aboriginal artist, learning how stories are told through Aboriginal paintings. Drive through Aboriginal 'highways,' join a traditional smoking ceremony, and wander through lush rainforest on your tour. Visit Janbal Gallery, where you'll take part in a painting class with Aboriginal artist, Brian ‘Binna’ Swindley. Paint your own canvas and let Binna guide you through cultural painting techniques. Next, drive through Shannonvale Valley on the way to lunch and learn about the ancient Aboriginal 'highways' that ran through the region. Once at Mossman Gorge Centre, be greeted with a traditional smoking ceremony conducted by Aboriginal people. Then, with a view of the rainforest, enjoy a delicious lunch infused with local flavors. After lunch, wander through one of the world’s oldest and most beautiful rainforests at Mossman Gorge, home of the Kuku Yalanji rainforest people. There, learn about the special relationship the Kuku Yalanji people have with this unique environment from your Aboriginal guide.
IncludesDriver/guide 1.5-hour Aboriginal art class at Janbal Gallery, including your own canvas Aboriginal Highways tour Lunch at Mossman Gorge Centre Traditional smoking ceremony Guided rainforest walk at Mossman Gorge (Manjal Dimbi) Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Physical fitness and mobility are required for this tour The bus used for the tour has several steps on entry and passengers will board and disembark from the vehicle several times throughout the day. The guided walk at Mossman Gorge is considered easy grade and under 1 kilometer return in distance