Cairns: Snorkel & Dive a Secluded Great Barrier Reef Island37 Reviews
Escape the crowds on this exclusive Great Barrier Reef experience at the unspoiled and untouched Frankland Islands. Enjoy a river cruise, guided snorkel tour, Pre packaged lunch, and ample time to relax and explore or opt for a transfer only option.
- Discover the untouched Frankland Islands National Park on this exclusive tour
- Snorkel or dive over the amazing coral and marine life at the Great Barrier Reef
- Dine on a delicious pre packaged lunch
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise down the magnificent Mulgrave River
- Relax on the pristine white sandy beaches and enjoy the serenity
DescriptionTake a tropical island adventure and enjoy a leisurely 30-minute cruise down the colourful Mulgrave River. Soak up the beauty of the surrounding rainforest-clad hills from the cabin or shaded deck and admire the panoramic views. Don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled for crocodiles along the mangrove’s edge! After a short open water crossing, arrive at Frankland Islands National Park, your tropical destination for the day. A secluded and ancient marine environment, the Frankland Islands are home to thousands of plants and animals species, all waiting to be discovered. Spend 4.5 hours relaxing and exploring this secluded part of the Great Barrier Reef, that sees no more than 100 visitors each day. Snorkel straight from the pristine white sandy beach, where an expert marine naturalist guides you over colourful corals and tropical fish while explaining this unique and wonderful ecosystem. On the island, take part in our guided island walk, led by a resident Master Reef Guide or Marine Biologist, showcasing the amazing diversity of this protected national park. Across the day, choose from an array of optional activities such as the adventure snorkel safari, semi-submersible or glass-bottom boat tour, scuba diving, stand up paddle boarding, sea kayaking, or even an underwater scooter. You can bring your own food or opt-in for our delicious pre-packages lunch served on the island. The boat departs the island in the afternoon and there’s coffee, tea, and cake on board to enjoy while you sail back to Cairns.
IncludesSpectacular 30-minute river cruise with commentary Comfortable boat transfer to the Frankland Islands Up to 4.5 hours reef time Morning and afternoon tea Pre-packaged lunch (if inclusive option chosen) All snorkelling equipment (if inclusive option chosen) Protection suit (If inclusive option is chosen -summer only) Extra activities (payable on the day) Hotel pick-up and drop off
- • Certified divers: please bring your certification card and logbook.
- Certified and introductory divers: you will need to complete a medical declaration form. Certain medication and/or medical conditions may preclude you from diving in Australia. • There are no transfers from Cairns. Please meet the local partner at Deeral at 8:00 AM • No introductory diving offered • Maximum of 30 passengers permitted on the island daily
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability