From Cairns: Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Experience5 Reviews
Enjoy a day full of adventure exploring the Great Barrier Reef at 2 premium outer reef sites. Snorkel, scuba dive or join guided snorkel tours led by marine specialists.
- Experience an indigenous welcome and guidance along The Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy 5 hours of water activities split between two unique reef sites
- Learn about The Great Barrier Reef creation story from indigenous rangers
- Choose a guided snorkel tour led by a marine specialist
DescriptionEnjoy a total of five hours of water activities split between two unique sites showcasing a variety of colourful corals and marine life on The Great Barrier Reef. Snorkel and dive over stunning coral gardens where anemones, sea whips, clams and plate corals are home to clownfish, angelfish and batfish. Large schools of giant trevally, red bass and sweetlip congregate between the bommies, while turtles, cuttlefish, rays, and sharks are frequently seen. Admire the beauty of the reef on a boat tour, where your experienced guide will explain the natural history of the reef, as well as its importance to the indigenous tribes of the region. Guides will recount the stories of the Gimuy Walubara Yidinji, Gunggandji, Mandingalbay, and Yirrganydji people to help you gain a deeper cultural understanding of this diverse ecosystem. Enjoy morning and afternoon tea, as well as a delicious buffet lunch to keep you fuelled throughout the day.
IncludesTwo premium outer reef sites Morning and afternoon tea Snorkeling equipment Wet and lycra suits Freshly prepared buffet lunch Environmental Management Charge of $6.50 plus admin fee/marina tax of $0.50 per person, $7 to be paid at check-in Transfers from hotels in Cairns and Northern Beaches Diving, available as add-on
- All trips and activities, prices and schedules are subject to change
- Some services may be cancelled or modified as a result of weather/tidal conditions or other unforeseen circumstances
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY