My Guide Website?
From Cairns: Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Experience25 Reviews
Enjoy a day full of adventure exploring the Great Barrier Reef on a snorkeling tour of two outer reef sites. Discover the colorful underwater world while learning about the diversity of the ecosystem.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairns:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairns last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience an indigenous welcome and guidance along The Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy 5 hours of water activities split between two unique reef sites
- Learn about The Great Barrier Reef creation story from indigenous rangers
- Choose a guided snorkel tour led by a marine specialist
DescriptionEnjoy a total of five hours of water activities split between two unique sites showcasing a variety of colourful corals and marine life on The Great Barrier Reef. Snorkel over stunning coral gardens where anemones, sea whips, clams and plate corals are home to clownfish, angelfish and batfish. Large schools of giant trevally, red bass and sweetlip congregate between the bommies, while turtles, cuttlefish, rays, and sharks are frequently seen. Admire the beauty of the reef on a boat tour, where your experienced guide will explain the natural history of the reef, as well as its importance to the indigenous tribes of the region. Guides will recount the stories of the Gimuy Walubara Yidinji, Gunggandji, Mandingalbay, and Yirrganydji people to help you gain a deeper cultural understanding of this diverse ecosystem. Enjoy morning and afternoon tea, as well as a delicious buffet lunch to keep you fuelled throughout the day.
IncludesTwo premium outer reef sites Morning and afternoon tea Snorkeling equipment Wet and lycra suits Freshly prepared buffet lunch
- All trips and activities, prices and schedules are subject to change
- Some services may be cancelled or modified as a result of weather/tidal conditions or other unforeseen circumstances