My Guide Website?
From Cairns/Port Douglas: Wildlife Habitat and Mossman Gorge2 Reviews
Discover some of the biggest highlights of the Port Douglas area. See wild animals at the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat and learn about Indigenous traditions at Mossman Gorge.
- Marvel at the scenic views on the Captain Cook Highway to Port Douglas
- Feed kangaroos and wallabies and see crocodiles and Lumholtz’s Tree Kangaroos
- Enjoy lunch in a tropical setting at the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat
- Join a guided walk at Mossman Gorge National Park with an Indigenous guide
- Relax with pickup and drop-off from Port Douglas and Cairns
DescriptionEnjoy a day exploring the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat and Mossman Gorge. Start your day with pickup from Cairns or Port Douglas. If you start from Cairns, travel to Port Douglas via the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives. Head to the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat to hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and observe cassowaries, crocodiles, and Lumholtz’s Tree Kangaroos. Enjoy a wildlife presentation and lunch amongst the lorikeets. At Mossman Gorge National Park, experience a Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony. Explore the trails on your own or upgrade to a Dreamtime Walk with an Indigenous guide to learn about local plants and indigenous traditions. Before heading back to your accommodations, visit the local fruit stall. Indulge your senses by tasting local produce, explore the fruit orchard, or relax in the beautiful surroundings.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guided tour Entry to the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat Lunch with the lorikeets at the Wildlife Habitat National park entry and shuttle at Mossman Gorge Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony Fruit tasting Dreamtime Walk (if option selected)
- Pickup and drop-off is not available from private residences, including AirBnB properties; guests will need to make their own way to another pickup location arranged with the local partner