Great Barrier Reef Overnight Snorkel and Dive Trip28 Reviews
Experience the Great Barrier Reef from sunrise to sunset with an overnight trip onboard a premier liveaboard. Marvel at the beauty of the reef at exclusive dive and snorkel sites.
- Enjoy between 2-5 dives or snorkel sessions each day at exclusive reef locations
- Experience amazing coral and sea life at some of the best dive and snorkel locations on the Great Barrier Reef
- Reenergise with delicious meals prepared by the onboard chef
- Take time to relax on one of the sundecks or in the comfortable bar and saloon areas
DescriptionOn the first day, board the transfer vessel at Cairns and head to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for the first part of your snorkeling and diving adventure. After 90 minutes, arrive at the first destination on the reef. On the way, your talented and experienced crew will take you through a safety briefing for the boat and your chosen activity of snorkeling or diving. Once out on the reef, it is time to gear up and get in the water to explore the hidden wonders that make it the Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy a delicious tropical buffet with a choice of salads, cold meats, and fruit. Tea, coffee, and water are also available. After lunch, it is back to the water to explore a new reef location. At 3:00 PM, board your overnight accommodation and after settling in and meeting your new family, there is the chance to hit the water again. Then take in the sunset over the Great Barrier Reef as dinner is freshly prepared and then served at 7:00 PM. Then it is time to find out what goes bump in the night on the Great Barrier Reef. Certified divers have the opportunity to do a night dive and snorkelers get to experience the Sharks in the Dark program. After the final dive or snorkel of the day, the bar is open until 10:30 PM so relax, trade stories, and get some rest for another big day on the reef tomorrow. On the second day, wake up to the sunrise on the reef as you get ready for another day of exploration. Enjoy a delicious breakfast before jumping in the water for two dives or snorkel activities. In the afternoon, there is time to relax and do your third dive or snorkel of the day. Once again, enjoy a delicious dinner before jumping back in the water for a night dive or to see sharks up close. On the final day, wake up to the sunrise over the Great Barrier Reef again. After breakfast, make the most of your final day on the reef with two morning dives or snorkels. Then it is time to pack up and get ready to say farewell. Enjoy a delicious lunch before you are picked up by the transfer vessel at 3:00 PM to return to Cairns.
IncludesUse of dive and snorkel equipment including wetsuits and dive computers Air fills All meals onboard Guided snorkeling tours Fresh chilled water Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate when stationary Fresh hot showers EMC, fuel levy, port levy, and GST, which is $20 per person per day and subject to change without notice Unbooked additional diving activities Digital camera hire Photographs Souvenirs Bar drinks or snacks
- German-speaking instructors are currently available Monday-Friday
- The dive medical standards differ from country to country
- Certain medication or medical conditions may preclude you from diving in Australia
- If you are currently suffering from any medical condition further medical clearance may be required and this must be organized at least the day before your trip date
- If you have a medical question please feel free to email Cairns 24 Hour Medical Centre or visit their website
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY