Great Barrier Reef: Premium Catamaran Cruise from Cairns860 Reviews
Set sail to 2 exclusive, outer reef locations on a luxury, high-performance catamaran. Snorkel, swim, dive or just relax onboard! Spot turtles, colourful fish, exotic corals and more. The friendly crew are dedicated to making your trip memorable.
- Visit 2 diverse reef destinations in the Great Barrier Reef
- Spot marine life: turtles or a giant wrasse on the outer reef
- Feast from a chef-prepared lunch, including fresh tropical fruit
- Relax on board a luxury catamaran
- Sail back from the reef with the wind in your hair
DescriptionMeet your crew at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal and its all aboard the luxury catamaran! The crew will select one of 24 exclusive reef locations depending on the day's conditions. Destinations will be chosen from: Flynn and Milne reef or further north at Norman and Hastings reefs. All offer diverse reef structures teeming with exotic marine life! Feel the wind in your hair as you set sail for the outer Great Barrier Reef. Relax with morning tea on the way, get to know the crew and learn all about the marine eco-system from the trained marine expert onboard. The crew will also review snorkeling techniques during the journey and prepare you for your first stop. Arrive at the first amazing outer reef location, where you can snorkel, dive or swim in the water. You may also choose to sunbathe, or chill out on the boat: on the upper sun deck or the netted deck trampoline at the bow of the boat- its up to you! Staff can provide complimentary guided tours, while a dedicated dive tender is available for the experienced certified divers who want to explore deeper waters. All certified divers receive a complimentary dive guide with the experienced crew. First-time divers will benefit from a free 10-minute scuba instruction in the water. The staff are fully trained and qualified PADI professionals who provide the utmost care and patience with beginner divers. The onboard chef will prepare a fresh tropical buffet lunch daily. Feast from a selection of hot and cold dishes including buffet meats, salads, and tropical fruit. Travel to the 2nd amazing outer reef location for the day for your choice of activity again. Look out for vibrant corals, exotic marine life such as parrotfish, reef turtles and 'nemo' fish. End the day as the captain hoists the sails, and cruise back to Cairns. Enjoy a cold drink from a fully licensed bar and relax on the boom netting. Alternatively, watch presentations about the marine life from the passionate eco-certified staff.
IncludesMorning and afternoon tea High quality snorkeling equipment Full tuition and complimentary snorkel tours Flotation vests 10-minute in-water introduction to scuba diving Chef prepared lunch (allergies catered for on request) An on-board marine life presentation Winter wetsuits or sunsuits in summer months Prescription masks Government reef levy Underwater camera hire with an 8GB SD card Scuba dive Souvenirs Bottled water, snacks and drinks from the bar Reef Levy payable at check-in AU$20.00 per person
- • All passengers must complete a QLD medical questionnaire on the boat before departure. Some medical conditions may preclude you from diving. Please contact the supplier directly for further information • If you are doing an introductory dive you will be asked to fill out and sign a medical declaration form • The minimum age for diving is 12 years old with parental consent and completion of a medical questionnaire • Passengers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over 18 years old • A moderate level of fitness is required as this is an in-water based activity • All certified divers must provide proof of certification • Please note that at times it may only be possible to visit one destination (e.g. Hastings) due to inclement weather conditions and strong winds. The skipper will decide on the way to the reef and keep everyone informed of the sailing plans • An AU$10 per person reef levy is due at check-in
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY