Kuranda Full-Day Trip by Train and Skyrail + Hotel Transfer
Visit Kuranda by traveling on the Kuranda Scenic Railway and returning by the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Explore the village located in pristine rainforest and enjoy free time visiting markets, shops and food stalls. Marvel at views from the cableway.
Are you a business owner in Cairns?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cairns.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Discover World Heritage-listed pristine rainforest by historic scenic railway
- Take a ride on the cableway, gliding just meters above the rainforest canopy
- Visit Kuranda markets, unique shops and wildlife parks
DescriptionOn this 7-hour excursion, you’ll visit the beautiful village of Kuranda, nestled in pristine World Heritage-listed rainforest. You will be picked up from your hotel (in the Cairns city area) in a modern and comfortable coach and travel to the train station. Climb aboard the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway and take in views of the surrounding mountains along the way to Kuranda. Rising from sea level to 328 meters, the journey to Kuranda passes spectacular waterfalls and then takes you into the stunning Barron Gorge. Enjoy 2.5 hours of free time to explore the markets, shops and walking trails or take a river cruise (seasonal). Discover the amazing array of food stalls and cafés or dine with the resident water dragons at Frog’s Restaurant, famous for their freshly made sauces and dressings. Take the famous Skyrail down, spanning 7.5 kilometers over the pristine rainforest canopy. This is also an opportunity to spot native wildlife, including the cassowary (the world's 3rd-largest flightless bird)! After that, you will take the 2:00 PM Skyrail back down to the bottom (Skyrail Smithfield station). Embark on a fascinating journey of discovery over and deep into the world’s oldest, continually-surviving tropical rainforest. The iconic Skyrail experience is a must do Cairns attraction that provides a truly unique perspective of Australia’s World Heritage listed tropical rainforest - immersing guests in the sights, sounds, smells and tranquility of one of the most botanically fascinating areas on earth. At the end of your Skyrail experience, you will be picked up again by bus at 3:30 PM then brought back to the hotel.
IncludesKuranda Scenic Railway (1-way ticket) Skyrail Rainforest Cableway (1-way ticket) Pick-up and drop off at most major hotels in central Cairns ATV Quadbike ride (if option chosen)
- Skyrail operation can be affected by weather. The local operator will do their best to accommodate.
- Cruise ship passengers who arrive at Yorkeys Knob will need to make their own way to the Railway Station, and back to Yorkeys Knob after the tour
- Cruise ship passengers who arrive at Cairns Terminal will need to make their way to Pullman International Hotel to be picked up due to congestion at the Terminal
- Northern Beaches Transfers are not available. Passengers will need to make their way to the Railway station.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary order and time due to limited availability and/or weather. The operator is at liberty of third parties ie. Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Rail