My Guide Website?
Atherton Tablelands Food and Wine Tasting Tour
From Cairns: Atherton Tablelands Food and Wine Tasting Tour
- Explore the Atherton Tablelands and discover the tropical food bowl of the north
- Eat and drink all day from tropical fruits to homemade chocolates, cheese and coffee
- Depart from Cairns and embark on a boutique wine and food tasting adventure
- Encounter native Australian wildlife and friendly farm animals
- Enjoy a wine, cheese, coffee, chocolate, and fruit tasting included
DescriptionSTOP 1 Journey to the Atherton Tablelands which is located 1 hour’s drive from the city via the scenic Gillies Highway. Discover a cool highlands where you will sample a delicious breakfast of local produce and enjoy a special coffee or local tea at an 80-year old lakeside tea house over looking Lake Barrine crater lake surrounded by lush rainforest. STOP 2 Private property of Rainforest Bounty, taste their unique products all made with local tropical Indigenous fruits over looking the Johnstone River. Keep your eyes peeled as you might just spot one of the resident Tree Kangaroos, too! STOP 3Enjoy Gourmet lunch. The Australian Platypus Park is home to a thriving platypus population. Take a wander down to see them in their magnificent setting then sit down to enjoy flavored handcrafted smoked products, combined with a unique blend of local Australian native herbs and spices. These tasty treats are all produced in-house using only the freshest quality ingredients and include Crocodile, Red Claw (Yabby), and Kangaroo with fresh local salads topped off with a boutique beer, Dragon Fruit cider, Lemon Myrtle tea, and finish with a wine tasting of the Murdering Point tropical fruit wine range. STOP 4Arrive at Mungalli Creek Dairy, a working biodynamic dairy farm where we sample a selection of their cheeses and creamy ice cream with beautiful views. STOP 5The Humpy is the best place to go for freshly harvested produce straight from the growers. Marvel at the array of vegetables, tropical fruits, and hundreds of varieties of nuts, dried fruits, and locally produced jams and sauces. Enjoy some seasonal fruits and different hot peanuts and macadamia nuts, and get some time to browse to make any purchases. STOP 6 Continue to the Mount Uncle distillery to taste some of their award-winning liqueurs and spirits. Wander around the stunning property nestled in coffee and banana plantations and meet the friendly animals. STOP 7 Move on to the Jacques Family coffee plantation and get an insight into the finer details of coffee, from the tree to the cup, Stroll through the coffee bushes and gardens, and end with a coffee tasting platter with coffee liqueurs served with homemade scones with jam and cream.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at your accommodation in Cairns (if option selected) Food tasting at each venue Lunch and beverages (alcoholic and soft drinks) Live commentary
- Please note that this is an adults only tour
- Dietary requirements can be catered for
- This tour requires a minimum number of 4 passengers to operate, if this number is not met the tour may be canceled or rescheduled • Gluten free lunch and lactose free cheese available on request There no pressure to buy anything at any stop