Best Great Barrier Reef in Cairns
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Cairns team
The world´s largest living organism - 1500 miles long - Cairns is the closest point at only 60 Kms away. The site of many a shipwreck in days gone by (and a couple recently too), that even today this stretch of wonder is still fascinating.
Whether you dive, snorkel or just ride a glass bottom boat - there are a huge variety of things to see. 85% of the Flora & Fauna you see, you will see nowhere else in the world - it is unique to this region. The waters are generally around 20 - 26 degrees - you won't get chilled. Be sure to take plenty of sunscreen.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Cairns:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairns last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Port Douglas: Low Isles Great Barrier Reef Sailing Tour
- From Cairns: Daintree Wilderness & Cape Tribulation Bus Tour
- From Cairns: Atherton Tablelands Food and Wine Tasting Tour
- From Cairns: Full-Day Kuranda Army Duck Experience Tour
- From Cairns: Kuranda Day Trip with Skyrail Cableway Ticket