My Guide Website?
Barron Gorge: Half-Day Barron River White-Water Rafting191 Reviews
Get an introduction to white-water rafting on the Barron River. Enjoy the fun and excitement of up to two hours on the river on grade three rapids.
- Marvel at the stunning rainforest landscapes of Barron Gorge National Park
- Ride the grade three rapids of the Barron River, including the Roostertail
- Choose from Cairns and Port Douglas departure options
DescriptionExperience white-water rafting in Barron Gorge National Park, known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, and the falls carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River. Enjoy optional pickup from Cairns or Port Douglas before heading to the national park. Meet your guide at Lake Placid, and get ready for your river rafting tour on the river. Enjoy the area’s scenic beauty and a combination of calm water and a series of white-water rapids as well. Spend two hours navigating rapids up to grade three. No experience is necessary, making this a good choice for beginning rafters. There is also plenty of excitement for the more experienced.
IncludesAU$30 River levy (per person payable on the tour day) Training by professional river guides All safety equipment Barron River White Water rafting National park fees Pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- The activity is suitable for anyone age 12 or older
- Some medical conditions, disabilities, or impairments may exclude participants from rafting for safety reasons. The activity is not suitable for pregnant women
- Every participant must sign a liability release form prior to participating
- Be sure to wear a swimsuit under your clothing and footwear with a back strap
- Please leave all jewelry and valuables at your accommodation