My Guide Website?
Cairns: 4-Day PADI Open Water Course
Learn how to scuba dive in Cairns, the home of the Great Barrier Reef. Take a 4-Day PADI Open Water Diver course with professional instructors at a reputed local diving school.
- Learn to scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy top class tuition over two days of pool and classroom training
- Take 4 open water dives on the outer reef
- See amazing coral and sea life at some of the best dive locations on the Great Barrier Reef
DescriptionBenefit from expert tuition offered over two days of pool and classroom training at a diving facility in Cairns. Learn the theory and basic principles of safe scuba diving with expert teachers. Then, practice your skills in controlled diving environments at the school. Apply what you have learned across two day-trips to the warm tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Board a purpose-built vessel and journey to the outer reef. Enhance your skills at two stunning locations with colourful and abundant marine life. After your four certification dives, there may be time for an additional 'fun dive', time permitting.
IncludesAll PADI materials Full tuition All dive and snorkel equipment, air fills Fresh chilled water, tea and coffee Outer Reef day trip Frankland Islands day trip Return transfers from Cairns Lunch on the day trips Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
- The courses commence on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- The course is available in English only
- Currently, the rules state that for a single no-decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 hours, or 18 hours after multiple dives. The local partner recommends waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible
- All scuba participants must meet medical questionnaire requirements. Some conditions or medications may prevent you from diving. Anyone over the age of 45 years old requires a Dive Medical