My Guide Website?
Cairns: Green Island & Great Barrier Reef Sailing Tour271 Reviews
Board a 16-meter sailing boat and head to an exclusive reef site. Go snorkeling along the Great Barrier Reef and spend time on lush and tropical Green Island. Enjoy lunch and refreshments on board.
- Snorkel along an exclusive reef site straight off the boat
- Enjoy a complimentary snorkeling tour with a marine naturalist
- Relax on the beach on Green Island or enjoy some of the island’s activities
DescriptionBoard a classic sailboat with its crew and head out on a Green Island and Great Barrier Reef sailing cruise. Lend a hand or just relax and watch, feeling the salty breeze in your hair as you glide over the waters. Grab a Danish pastry, fresh fruit, and tea or coffee, and settle into the sailing excursion as Cairns disappears in the distance. Arrive at the exclusive Great Barrier Reef mooring that’s just 1-kilometer off Green Island. Make your way to the pinnacle part of the reef. After a snorkeling briefing, dive underneath the water’s surface with the crew and enjoy small, personalized snorkeling tours throughout the day. See corals, schools of colorful reef fish, stingrays, turtles, and black-tipped reef sharks, which are very shy and perfectly safe. Enjoy a personalized first dive with just 2 divers per instructor. No previous experience is required for this bookable option. If you are a certified diver, expect a small group with a dive guide. This tour is great for conservative diving, but not for deeper water or drift dives. After a morning of snorkeling and diving at this exclusive site, enjoy a large lunch back on board the boat. Feast on fresh Tasmanian salmon, prawns, mixed meats, chicken, and three different salads. Enjoy some time on Green Island and relax on the beach or enjoy optional island activities. Enjoy a cocktail at the island’s resort, walk across the island, visit Marine Land Melanesia where you can see crocodiles in captivity, or take a glass-bottomed boat tour. Take 4.5 hours to enjoy the reef and island. Set sail for the return trip. Enjoy fresh fruit, cheese, and crackers, a glass of wine, and finally, a piece of cake to end on a sweet note.
IncludesSnorkeling instruction and in-water assistance as required Top-quality snorkeling gear including wetsuits, lycra suits and buoyancy vests Diving equipment (for diving included options) Snorkeling tours with marine naturalist 1 or 2 scuba dives (depending on option selected) Coffee, tea, fresh fruit and Danish pastries on boarding Coffee and tea throughout the day once moored Fish feed Large smorgasbord lunch Transfers to and from Green Island beach True sailing experience on return journey Tropical afternoon tea: platters of fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, cake Glass of wine
- All potential divers will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire on board the boat to assess whether they are fit to dive. The minimum diving age is 12 years old. If you have any medical issues (past or present) or are taking any medication, please tell the local partner so they can advise you if any medical clearance may be required prior to the day of travel
- Introductory dives are available for guests with no previous experience in scuba diving
- Certified dives are available for guests with scuba diving certification • To fully enjoy this experience, guests must be mobile and stable enough to move around a moving vessel and be able to get into and out of the water via a step ladder
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromA$235.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today