My Guide Website?
Cairns: Outer and Coral Cay Snorkel and Dive Cruise281 Reviews
Enjoy a day aboard a luxurious vessel and travel to two reefs including Upolu Cay Reef and the outer edge of Upolu Reef. Spend 6 hours on the reef exploring and learning.
- Learn from expert divers while exploring the beautiful aquatic life surrounding you
- Listen to an informative reef talk
- Take a guided adventure drift snorkel tour and explore the extraordinary sea life below
- Enjoy plenty of time for many activities and still relax – no rush!
- Dine on a scrumptious smorgasbord lunch including smoked salmon and prawns
DescriptionStep foot on a super-fast, luxury 20m CAT, feeling welcomed and pampered, and embark on an ocean-filled journey of discovery. After your early boarding from Marlin Marina, breathe in the morning ocean breeze as you sail to one of two snorkel and dive destinations. From there, explore the ocean's brilliant fish and coral reefs. At the stunning Upolu Coral Cay Reef, learn about graceful blue-spotted stingrays, tenacious green sea turtles, bright damsel fish, and other amazing creatures that call this reef their home, as you observe them from a glass bottom boat. You’ll then have the chance to see these inquisitive creatures up close, while snorkeling within the incredibly clear, turquoise water. The second snorkel and dive site is the fascinating ‘Wonder Wall’, located on the outer edge of Upolu Reef. Enjoy snorkeling on the top of the wall for easy viewing of all the marine life and coral. Sign-up for the optional, certified or introductory guided dive, encountering a huge variety of aquatic flora and fauna, including hard and soft corals, giant clams, fans, turtles and a vast assortment of colorful tropical fish as you descend and meander along the side of the wall . In between visiting these two sites, enjoy a smorgasbord lunch fit for a king. Savor smoked salmon, prawns, three types of cold meat, a chicken platter, three fresh salads and a variety of breads. After a relaxed six hours of diving and snorkeling, spend the trip home indulging in even more delicious food, arriving back at Cairns at around 4:30 PM.
IncludesCAT cruise Guides/captains Glass bottom boat tour Adventure drift snorkel tour 2 reef visits Snorkeling tour with marine naturalist Snorkeling gear, including prescription masks Lycra suits, wetsuits (seasonal) and flotation devices 6 hours on the Great Barrier Reef - only reef operator to offer this Fish feeding Fresh water showers Danish pastry and fresh fruit upon boarding Tea and coffee upon boarding Large smorgasbord lunch with prawns, smoked salmon, mixed meat and chicken platter, 3 salads and breads Chilled cask water Platters of tropical fruit, cheese, crackers, and assorted cakes served on the cruise back
- To fully enjoy the tour you must be mobile and stable enough to move around a moving vessel, and able to transfer from the main vessel into a Glass Bottom Boat and back All diving (Cert & Intro) is subject to having no medical issues or on any medication contraindicated to diving on the day of travel. A medical form will be filled out on the day If diving is important to you please advise us of any medical issues past or present or any medication prior to the day of travel so we can advise if any medical clearance may be required from a diving doctor - this avoids any disappointment on the day In Queensland, the minimum diving age for an Introductory dive is 12 years old. If you have any concerns in regard to weather, go to www.bom.gov.au for a 4-day marine weather forecast