My Guide Website?
Cairns: Outer Great Barrier Reef Pontoon with Activities233 Reviews
Experience the Great Barrier Reef from Sunlover Reef Cruise's spacious multi-level pontoon. This is perfect for adults, kids, and kids at heart. With plenty to do if you do not want to get wet, including a glass-bottom boat or semi-submersible tours.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairns:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairns last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Snorkel along the reef with instructions, equipment, and rest stations provided
- Join a glass bottom boat and semi-submersible tour for non-swimmers to see marine life
- Lounge on the spacious sun deck
- Explore the underwater observatory and marine touch tank presentation with marine experts
- Choose optional activities such as guided snorkel tours
- Entertain the kids with the only waterslide on the reef
DescriptionSit back and relax on a catamaran cruise from Cairns to the Great Barrier Reef, where you enjoy a raft of water activities from Moore Reef's pontoon. Encounter an outstanding landscape of marine life, enjoy a choice of activities including snorkeling, including a visit to the underwater observatory. Prior to departure from the marina, sip on some complimentary tea and coffee. Depart from Cairns’ Marlin Marina at 9:30 AM and enjoy a cruise out of the harbor. Witness the stunning landscape before the catamaran makes its way out to open seas. Sail in air-conditioned comfort onboard the catamaran to the state-of-the-art activity pontoon at Moore Reef. Moore Reef is a prime location on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, abundant with soft corals and marine life. Learn about the reef and its diverse ecosystems on the outward journey with presentations given by resident marine experts. Upon arrival at the pontoon at 11:30 AM, choose from an array of activities suitable for both swimmers and non-swimmers alike. Make use of the inclusive snorkeling equipment, with wetsuits and lycra also available at an additional charge. Alternatively, watch the daily fish feeding presentations, or take a trip on the glass bottom boat or semi-submersible tour with marine experts providing commentary. Soak up the rays on a spacious sun deck, or make a splash on a theme park-style waterslide. See the reef without getting wet in the underwater observatory, and get up close and personal with marine creatures like sea cucumbers and starfish.
IncludesCatamaran trip to and from the reef Tea and coffee while docked Glass bottom boat Semi-submersible tours Underwater observatory and marine touch tank presentation Snorkeling Fins, snorkel mask, snorkel Life jacket Buffet lunch
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated for if communicated in advance Checkin is from 8:30 AM to 9 AM, with season schedules applying There are a limited number of lockers for personal belongings Travel sickness tablets are available for purchase Due to ongoing COVID-19 preventative measures, the buffet lunch will be served by your crew Medical conditions apply for optional extras and no refunds are given for failed medicals There will be head counts and safety demonstrations at scheduled times and you must follow the safety instructions given by the staff at all times It is recommended to bring Australian Dollars or a credit card for onboard purchases and optional extras There is a kiosk onboard the boat that offers a range of beverages and light snacks