My Guide Website?
From Cairns: Great Barrier Reef Cruise by Premium Catamaran1535 Reviews BEST SELLER
Set sail to 2 outer reef locations on a high-performance catamaran. Snorkel, swim, dive or just relax onboard as you spot turtles, fish, and exotic corals.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairns:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairns last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit 2 diverse reef destinations in the Great Barrier Reef
- Spot marine life: turtles or a giant wrasse on the outer reef
- Feast from a chef-prepared lunch, including fresh tropical fruit
- Relax on board a luxury catamaran
- Sail back from the reef with the wind in your hair
DescriptionHop aboard a catamaran for a day trip to remember to the Great Barrier Reef. Snorkel, dive, or swim in the water, enjoy a delicious buffet lunch, and take in the marine wildlife. Meet your crew at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, pay the reef levy, and hop aboard the luxury catamaran. The crew will select reef locations depending on the day's conditions from Flynn and Milne reef or further north at Norman and Hastings reefs. All offer diverse reef structures teeming with exotic marine life. Feel the wind in your hair as you set sail for the outer Great Barrier Reef. Relax with morning tea on the way, get to know the crew and learn all about the marine eco-system from a marine expert. Review snorkeling techniques with the crew during the journey. Arrive at the first outer reef location, where you can snorkel, dive or swim in the water. You may also choose to sunbathe, or chill on the boat on the upper sun deck or the netted deck trampoline at the bow of the boat. You can avail complimentary guided tours from the staff. A dedicated dive tender is available for experienced certified divers who want to explore deeper waters. All certified divers receive a complimentary dive guide. First-time divers will receive clear and concise scuba instruction in the water from qualified PADI professionals. Savor a fresh tropical buffet lunch prepared onboard. Treat yourself to a selection of hot and cold dishes including buffet meats, salads, and tropical fruit. Travel to the second outer reef location for the day for your choice of activity. Look out for corals, exotic marine life such as parrotfish, reef turtles and 'nemo' fish. End the day as the captain hoists the sails, and cruise back to Cairns. Enjoy a cold drink from the bar (own expense) and relax on the boom netting. Alternatively, watch presentations about the marine life from the passionate eco-certified staff.
IncludesMorning and afternoon tea Snorkeling equipment Snorkeling tutorial/tours Visit to two Outer Great Barrier Reef locations Flotation belts Chef-prepared lunch (allergies catered for on request) An on-board marine life presentation Winter wetsuits or sunsuits in summer months Prescription masks
- • All passengers must complete a QLD medical questionnaire on the boat before departure. Some medical conditions (both past and present) may preclude you from diving. Contact the supplier for further information regarding this • If you are doing an introductory dive you need to fill out and sign a medical declaration form • The minimum age for diving is 12 years old with parental consent and completion of a medical questionnaire • Passengers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over 18 years old • A moderate level of fitness is required as this is an in-water-based activity • All certified divers must provide proof of certification • At times it may only be possible to visit 1 destination (e.g. Hastings) due to inclement weather. The skipper will decide on the way to the reef and keep everyone informed of the sailing plans • Infant tickets are free and can be booked with the supplier
- Lunch includes vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options