My Guide Website?
From Cairns: Rainforest & Nocturnal Wildlife Tour56 Reviews
Explore the rainforest when it really comes alive - at night. See nocturnal animals like platypus, musky rat kangaroos, Boyd's forest dragons, rainforest birds, and butterflies as you walk.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairns:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairns last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover a World Heritage Listed rainforest by day and night on this small-group tour
- Spot a wild platypus at a private viewing platform
- Enjoy your afternoon by the stunning Lake Barrine
- Venture into the rainforest after dark to spot the nocturnal animals that call it home
- Have a delicious dinner at a restaurant in Yungburra
DescriptionDeparting from your Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation, head south to view the agile wallabies that live within the city limits. Make a second stop at the Cathedral Fig Tree, an 8,000-year-old Strangler fig with a giant root system. Enjoy an afternoon tea at the world-renowned Lake Barrine before walking through the rainforest. Keep your eyes out for musky rat-kangaroo, Boyd's forest dragon, rainforest birds, butterflies and flying foxes. After a quick stop at Lake Eacham, visit a private access platypus viewing area in Yungaburra for a 90% chance of seeing the unique mammal. Enjoy a delicious dinner at a restaurant in the township of Yungburra. Then, your nighttime spotlighting adventure begins! Walk under the night stars and into the rainforest. Look out for Lumholtz's tree-kangaroo, northern leaf-tailed gecko, ringtail possums, gliders, frogs, owls and more. Return to Cairns at around 10:00 PM and Northern Beaches at around 10:30 PM.
IncludesExpert guide Hotel pick-up and drop off Afternoon tea Dinner Tea, coffee or hot chocolate with dinner Wet weather gear, if required Binoculars
- The maximum number of participants for this tour is 11 people
- Please wear cool and comfortable clothing
- Walking shoes are a must
- The tour supplier will provide wet weather gear if required
- Bring a water bottle, a small backpack for your things and don't forget your camera