My Guide Website?
Kuranda: Rainforestation Nature Park54 Reviews
Rainforestation has three unique experiences, situated in the midst of World Heritage Rainforest. These experiences include: Army Duck Rainforest Tours, Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience and iconic Australian animals in the Koala & Wildlife Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairns:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairns last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Port Douglas: Low Isles Great Barrier Reef Sailing Tour
- From Cairns: Daintree Wilderness & Cape Tribulation Bus Tour
- From Cairns: Atherton Tablelands Food and Wine Tasting Tour
- From Cairns: Full-Day Kuranda Army Duck Experience Tour
- From Cairns: Kuranda Day Trip with Skyrail Cableway Ticket
- Watch a dance performance by Aboriginal performers
- Learn how to throw a boomerang and spear during the Dreamtime Walk
- Go on a 6-wheel adventure ride through the rainforest and water in an amphibious vehicle
- See iconic Australian animals in the Koala & Wildlife Park
DescriptionThe award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park is a 100 acre (40-hectare) property located in the middle of Kuranda’s World Heritage Rainforest. Locally owned and operated park offers three unique experiences to visitors. Board an amphibious World War II Army Duck for a land and water adventure through the rainforest, as your Duck Captain identifies and explains fascinating plants including ferns, orchids, strangler figs, and the infamous stinging tree. As you move through the water, keep an eye out for turtles, fish, eels and water birds, or for birds, pythons and other reptiles on land. Rainforestation has 12 of the historic Army Ducks (officially spelled DUKW) which hold up to 30 passengers and have a combination of 6-wheel drive, a propeller, and rudder. After disembarking, visit the Tropical Fruit Orchard, containing over 40 species of exotic tropical fruit trees. This tranquil setting provides the perfect opportunity to view and learn about fruits of the region and the world, including jackfruit, pawpaw, lychees, carambola, and star apple. The Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience offers the opportunity to see traditional dance performances in the setting of the beautiful Rainforest Amphitheatre. You can also take part in the Dreamtime Walk along the Rainbow Serpent walkway, then watch a display of traditional spear throwing and didgeridoo playing. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn the art of throwing a boomerang, and try it out for yourself – can you get your boomerang to come back to you? Take a self-guided tour in the Koala & Wildlife Park and see crocodiles, kangaroos, wallabies, snakes, dingoes, a cassowary, and the only Tasmanian Devils in North Queensland. Rainforestation is also home to a rescued Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo. Don’t miss Jack the Ripper, one of the largest crocodiles in captivity. Coming in at over 5 meters in length and weighing almost a tonne, you can view him from the safety of our elevated boardwalks. Explore the park at your own pace and hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies as they roam freely through the park.
IncludesEntry into Rainforestation Nature Park Army Duck rainforest tour Pamagirri aboriginal experience with dance show and dreamtime walk Koala and Wildlife Park
- 100% cancellation fee applies for tours canceled with 24 hours of tour departure or no-shows It is recommended that passengers arrange suitable travel insurance to cover factors out of the tour operator's control Days of operation subject to change Boomerang throwing subject to weather