My Guide Website?
Wonga Beach: Hook-A-Barra Fishing Experience4 Reviews
Explore the exciting world of barra fishing on Daintree Saltwater Barramundi Farm at Wonga Beach. Fish alongside fishing experts.
- Discover why barramundis are the ultimate sports fish
- See barramundis up close in special viewing tanks
- Hone your fishing skills with the help of expert fishing guides
- Learn all there is to know about the barramundi
DescriptionWhether you’re a fishing pro or an absolute beginner, you'll love learning how to lure and land the iconic Australian barramundi. This fun and informative experience explores the magnificent world of barra fishing on Daintree Saltwater Barramundi Farm at Wonga Beach. This Hook-A-Barra experience at the award-winning Daintree Saltwater Barramundi Farm offers both fishers and non-fishers an hour of catch and release fishing of Queensland's most prized fish, not only for its fight but also for its delicious eating. Hook-A-Barra's multi-species ponds are stocked with over 1,500 barramundis ranging from 50 cm to over a meter, but don't be fooled: these fish are wild creatures and are not trained to jump on your hook. Benefit from on-hand expert fishing guides to help you perfect your techniques, land your spoils, and learn more about this iconic species. As an added perk, enjoy special viewing tanks to get up close to the fish. Hook-A-Barra is suitable for all ages and abilities with a huge range of tackle and a fly-fishing option for expert anglers, plus everything a beginner needs to get hooked.
IncludesAccess to barramundi viewing tanks All equipment (tackle, bait) Intro to barra fishing by expert guides
- This activity will take place in all weather conditions Non-fishing guests with general admission have full use of all facilities, the picnic area, and access to the viewing tanks