My Guide Website?
Cairns: Outer Edges of The Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight90 Reviews
Glide over the Great Barrier Reef on a scenic flight from Cairns with picture-postcard views of Green Island, Arlington Reef, Middle Cay, and more, with an informative commentary from the pilot.
- Experience the thrill of swooping over the iconic Great Barrier Reef on a flight
- Fly over Green Island, Arlington Reef, Middle Cay, Oyster Reef, and more
- Take in views of the coral reef in air-conditioned comfort from a large window
- Get a better perspective of the grand size and sheer beauty of the reef
- Keep a look out for marine life and spot humpback whales during July to August
DescriptionTake in the full spectacle of the Great Barrier Reef from the sky during a scenic flight from Cairns. Onboard a fixed-wing plane, see up to 140 kilometers of the Outer Barrier as well as many inner islands, reefs, and sand isles. Within 10 minutes of departing Cairns, the real adventure begins, as you get wonderful photo opportunities over Green Island, Oyster Reef, Vlasoff Cay, Upolo Reef, Pixie Reef, and Arlington Reef. Sit back in air-conditioned comfort as you glide through the sky. Take in the spectacular hues of green and blue from your window seat while listening to the pilot's informative commentary about the sights below. Get a chance to spot marine life with manta rays, green turtles, dugongs, sharks, and, if in season, whales, in clear view from the aircraft. Once your journey comes to an end, fly right back to Cairns.
Includes40-minute flight Pilot Headsets Window seat
- The tour is subject to weather conditions .