My Guide Website?
From Port Douglas: Kuranda via Scenic Rail & Skyrail Option104 Reviews
Experience one of Australia's most scenic train journeys on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Board the train at Freshwater and travel through a landscape of lush rainforest and waterfalls. Get some free time in Kuranda to stroll the craft markets and more.
- Ride one of the most spectacular rail journeys in Australia through 15 hand-carved tunnels
- Stroll around the quaint rainforest village of Kuranda and visit its arts and crafts markets
- Unwind in Palm Cove and enjoy a cocktail or walk on the beach
- Benefit from pickup and drop-off at your hotel in Port Douglas or Palm Cove
DescriptionFollowing pickup in the morning, relax on the ride with entertaining commentary. Travel down the Captain Cook Highway, known as the second most scenic highway in Australia, and learn the history of the region, along with local issues and stories about wildlife. Arrive at the beautiful Freshwater Station and board the historic Kuranda scenic railway. Then, head through the rainforest and take in the breathtaking scenery of waterfalls and 15 dramatic tunnels carved through the rocks. Upon arrival in Kuranda, explore the 'Village in the Rainforest', famous for its colorful arts and crafts markets, which are open every day. Browse the wide variety of Aboriginal artifacts, such as handmade leather goods, wood, and jewelry. Stop at a café for lunch and listen to the busker, or try some local snacks such as macadamia nuts, honey, mango wine, homemade sweets, or delicious homemade ice cream. Next, head up the coast to Palm Cove, where you'll be taken along the palm-fringed esplanade. Then, purchase a drink and enjoy some staggering views of the picturesque beach or take a walk along the beach and let the kids play in the playground. Return to Port Douglas with new friends and great memories, before getting dropped off at your accommodation or chosen restaurant on request.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guide
- This tour is unavailable from Cairns
- This tour is suitable for all ages and for those with limited mobility This tour is available from the Northern Beaches of Cairns
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromA$145.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today