Daintree, Mossman Gorge & Cape Trib Tour with Cruise & Lunch370 Reviews
Discover the only place on earth with 2 natural World Heritage listed sites side by side. Explore the Daintree River and Rainforest, Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge and more in one adventure-filled day.
- Visit Mossman Gorge, the Daintree River, Rainforest Boardwalk and Cape Tribulation
- Experience a wildlife river cruise, learn about the fragile ecosystem and try to spot crocodiles
- Discover the scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive and enjoy panoramic views over the sparkling Coral Sea
- Participate in a Smoke Ceremony with the Kuku Yalanji people, the Aboriginal owners of the land
- Listen to highly trained guides who give an expert rain forest interpretation
DescriptionStart your adventure with a scenic coastal drive from Cairns to Port Douglas - the far north’s very own great ocean road with panoramic views of the sparkling Coral Sea. The first stop is Mossman Gorge, which is in the southern sector of the world famous Daintree National Park. The gorge has been carved out by the cold mountain waters of the Mossman River, which winds through large granite boulders, bordered by lush green rainforest. It’s a magical place and you’ll be welcomed by the traditional owners, the Kuku Yalanji people, who will also cleanse you of evil spirits during a smoke ceremony. Also, enjoy a refreshing swim in the cascading waters. Cross the mighty Daintree River and head to the beach for lunch. Experience waterfront dining and enjoy the sand between your toes. After lunch, it’s time to explore the ancient rainforest environment on an interesting guided tour of the Marrdja Botanical Boardwalk. Highly trained guides will give expert rainforest interpretation, which will inform and impress. Be amazed at the huge diversity you will encounter, you will discover everything from low lying ferns and shrubs, to the massive rainforest canopy and even mangrove ecosystems - all in one short easy walk. You can choose to taste locally made ice-cream, at your own cost, and prepare for a photo opportunity at the Alexandra Range Lookout, which provides sweeping views over the Daintree River, its rainforest delta and out to the Coral Sea. In the afternoon, experience a wildlife cruise on the river. During the cruise, you may see a crocodile, while learning about the fragile ecosystem of this impressive serpent-like river system. On the return journey to Cairns, drive through Port Douglas, a picturesque beachside village with a laid-back vibe and loads of bars and cafes.
IncludesTransfers to and from your central Cairns or Port Douglas accommodation Lunch Wildlife cruise All national park fees Snacks Drinks
- Guests should pack a small day bag with a swimming costume, towel, camera, walking shoes, insect repellent, sunscreen, and money for drinks and snacks
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY