From Cairns: Green Island Reef Catamaran Cruise428 Reviews
Enjoy a full or half-day adventure and sail to the Great Barrier Reef by catamaran. Visit tropical Green Island to snorkel among colorful coral gardens and reef fish. Laze on a sandy beach, or explore the ocean via a semi submersible or glass bottom boat.
- Enjoy a leisurely day on a tropical island of the Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkel and dive among abundant reef fish and coral gardens
- See coral reefs and marine life from a glass bottom boat
- Relax on the beach and enjoy refreshments at the island's pool bar
DescriptionBoasting a lush rainforest that is home to over 120 native plant species and colorful bird life, Green Island is a paradise coral cay island surrounded by reef gardens and abundant marine life. Climb aboard the modern, air-conditioned 35-meter catamaran “Big Cat” to cruise over to this idyllic part of the Great Barrier Reef, and enjoy a half or full-day reef tour just 45 minutes from Cairns. Snorkel and dive among the reef fish and coral gardens, or stay dry on a spectacular semi-submersible submarine or glass-bottom boat to discover the underwater life in comfort. Alternatively, simply laze on the white sandy beach and soak up the sun. These are just a few of the many activities available at Green Island. The friendly crew will help you organize your day to make the most of your time at this stunning Marine National Park.
IncludesCruise to Green Island by catamaran Full or half-day cruise (depending on option chosen) Free choice of snorkeling gear or glass-bottom boat (extra to do both) Snorkeling demonstration and reef presentation en route to Green Island Use of Big Cat vessel during time at island as an air-conditioned base Island rainforest boardwalks Lunch (if booked) Semi-sub tour (if booked) Coach transfers Diving activities
- Please note that children must be accompanied by an adult on the optional semi-submersible tour
- Please check in at The Reef Fleet Terminal 45 minutes prior to your departure. Present relevant vouchers or itineraries at check in exchange for your boarding passes.
- Suitable for both swimmers and non-swimmers
- Enjoy an air-conditioned all weather base. The supplier's ‘Big Cat’ vessel is stationed at Green Island all day and lunch is served on board between 11:15 AM to 1:15 PM
- Vegetarian dishes are available on the buffet. These include a vegetarian pasta of the day, steamed jasmine rice, fresh salads, sliced white and multi-grain bread, tasty cheese, corn kernels, beetroot, and a seasonal fruit platter. For other dietary requirements (celiac and vegan) we recommend that you bring your own packed lunch.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY