Kuranda Scenic Railway and Palm Cove Tour47 Reviews
Experience one of Australia's most scenic train journeys on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Board the train at Freshwater and travel through a landscape of lush rainforest and waterfalls. Get some free time in Kuranda to stroll the craft markets and more.
- Ride one of the most spectacular rail journeys in Australia through 15 hand-carved tunnels
- Stroll around the quaint rainforest village of Kuranda and visit its arts and crafts markets
- Unwind in laid-back Palm Cove and enjoy a cocktail at a beachfront bar
- Benefit from pickup and drop-off at your hotel in Port Douglas or Palm Cove
DescriptionFollowing pick-up from your accommodation anywhere in Port Douglas, commencing at 8:30 AM, journey in a small group of only 12 guests for guaranteed personal service and entertaining commentary. Travel down the Captain Cook Highway, known as the second most scenic highway in Australia, and learn the history of the region, along with local issues and stories about the wildlife. Arrive at beautiful Freshwater Station and board the historic Kuranda scenic railway. Then, head through the rainforest and take in a breathtaking scenery of waterfalls and 15 dramatic tunnels carved through the rocks. Upon arrival in Kuranda, explore the 'Village in the Rainforest', famous for its colorful arts and crafts markets, open every day. Browse the wide variety of Aboriginal artifacts, such as handmade leather goods, wood and jewelry. Stop at a café for lunch and listen to the busker, or try some local snacks such as macadamia nuts, honey, mango wine, homemade sweets or delicious homemade ice cream. Next, head up the coast to Palm Cove, where you will be taken along the palm-fringed esplanade. Then, stop for a drink of your choice and get some staggering views of the picturesque beach. Stroll amongst the stores and galleries, or take a walk along the beach and let the kids play in the playground. Return to Port Douglas with new friends and great memories, before getting dropped off at your accommodation or chosen restaurant on request.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Port Douglas or Palm Cove Guide Lunch Cocktails and other drinks
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Skyrail is unavailable
- This tour is currently unavailable from Cairns
- This tour is suitable for all ages and for those with limited mobility
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability