Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise & Scenic Helicopter Flight89 Reviews
Embark on this full-day Outer Great Barrier Reef cruise from Cairns with scenic helicopter flight from the reef's helipad. Travel on a large, state-of-the-art vessel and choose just snorkelling or add diving.
- Travel on one of the fastest and largest commercial vessels
- Visit 2 spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef locations and snorkel for 5 hours
- Soar over the reef on a short scenic helicopter flight
- Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine and light snack on the way back
- Relax on the full-length sun lounge or on one of the three spacious deck levels
DescriptionJoin this fast, comfortable cruise, with five hours spent visiting two spectacular Outer Great Barrier Reef destinations. Travel on 'Evolution'- a brand new, purpose-built, state of the art, 35-meter (120ft) catamaran for a maximum of 124 passengers during COVID restrictions and 180 during usual operations. The computer-stabilized vessel provides a superior ride in all weather conditions and cruises at high speeds of up to 30 knots, providing comfort and safety. Visit exclusive, protected locations on the pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef with superior reef quality. Professional, friendly and attentive staff ensure a safe and enjoyable fun-filled experience. This vessel is the most stylish and luxurious reef vessel available in Cairns. Depart the marina at 8.15am and travel to the true outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. There are Several exclusive mooring locations to be chosen from, depending on the day's conditions. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey. Choose from an abundance of seating inside air-conditioned, modern lounges or outside on full-length sundecks for sunbathing. Spend 5 hours snorkelling on the reef and enjoy the free guided snorkelling tour which will take you all around the best snorkel and visibility locations. Spot diverse marine wildlife below, coral gardens and much more. Take to the skies for your 10-minute Scenic Helicopter Flight to and from the exclusive Heli-Pontoon on the Outer Reef. Have your camera ready as you lift off from the heli pad for an incredible scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef. Appreciate from the air, the sheer size of the reef system as you search for marine life in their natural habitat. Be amazed at the colors and beauty of the coral gardens before touching back down to re-join the crew on board the vessel. For lunch, enjoy a delicious Aussie BBQ including steak, fish, prawns, and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for.) A complimentary glass of wine and a light snack are served on the return journey back to Cairns. Book a marine biologist tour onboard the boat. Return to Cairns at 4:30 PM.
Includes5 hours reef time snorkeling with professional snorkel equipment 10-minute scenic flight Visit 2 outer reef locations Full BBQ lunch including prawns, fish, steak, and vegetarian options Complimentary glass of wine and light snack on return 20 admin/fuel levy to be paid prior to travel direct to the local partner
- • Please note: the above tour itinerary is a guideline only and is subject to change depending on the tide, wind, and other weather conditions. • Please note: check-in between 7:15 AM and 8:00 AM at Reef Fleet Terminal. Tour departs at 8:15 AM. • There is a $20 per person fuel levy and administration cost that must be paid prior to travel direct to the local partner.
- All divers must complete a Medical Questionnaire. Please be aware that certain medical conditions (eg asthma, heart disease, diabetes) and/or prescription medication may preclude some people from diving
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability